That got me to thinking, of course, about my own resolutions. I didn't make up a list this New Year's Eve but I do have a few life-tweaks I've been working on that I can lay down for you.
- No more deathbeds. 'Nuff said.
- Master the bass line of Llama by Phish (on medium, not expert!) in Rock Band 3. Have you heard that song?? Again, 'nuff said.
- Do poop patrol once a week. My lackadaisical attitude toward back yard sanitation is no big deal when it's cold, but that, ahem, shit gets problematic in the warmer weather.
- Do not tailgate. Yeah, I'm one of those, at least on 'my' stretch of highway between home and work. Historically, if you were driving one mph slower than I wanted to go in the fast lane, I would be all up in your ish, gar-on-teed. Sorry 'bout that. I'm working on it.
- Make my daily Diet Cokes mediums vs. larges. Gotta start with baby steps. I figure it will also aid in increasing the time between afternoon bathroom visits to something more than 15 minutes.
- Pare down to three computers at home (plus the iPad, of course.) Eventually I hope to get down to two, but again, baby steps.
- Clean out the purple room. This is the room in the basement where Mr. B and I threw all the stuff we didn't know what to do with when we combined households. I think there are enough office supplies alone in there to open a shop. Golly, we both loved us some office supplies... wonder what that means? Probably don't want to know.
- Reduce my max speed on the highway to 65 mph. I read/heard somewhere that reducing one's speed by 5 mph is equivalent to a price cut of thirty-seven-gobillionty dollars per gallon of gas. Or something like that. It also would keep me within ten percent of the speed limit, which seems prudent.
- Have fun once in awhile. Buying Rock Band (2, 3, and Beatles) for Chillaxmas this year was a start -- we had a blast playing it. Made me realize fun is something I could use more of.
Now wouldn't those make an awesomely-illustrated quilt?