- His birthday is not on my ex-anniversary. It's the day before, which eliminates all sorts of emotional awkwardness for me.
- Our taste in reading material is eerily similar -- a huge cost-saving measure.
- He can change the lightbulbs in most of the ceiling fixtures without a ladder.
- His family of origin is about as close as mine. Let's just say we enjoy minimal in-law follies.
- His follow-through percentage is just a tad lower than mine, allowing me to act all high and mighty like I'm the conscientious one.
- He doesn't mind loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- He'll eat my mostly-vegetarian cooking without complaining.
- He can handle a drain snake like nobody's business.
- He's a lot handier than he thinks he is.
- He always knows the answer.
OK, the last one is a cheat, an inside joke from decades past. But I have anecdotal evidence that it's true. More on that later.
In other news, I know my posting has been less than... regular lately. I've decided I must embrace my seasonal shortcomings and have declared February to be Let Myself Off The Hook Month. I hereby vow I will shower, dress, make sure the family is fed, pay the bills, and show up at work during February, but everything else is iffy. I expect to rejoin society in about a month.
Anyone else struggle in February, or is it just me?