Thursday, March 10, 2011

If at first (and second) you don't succeed...

Yep, I'm back on the dating sites. No, I don't know why.

Take that back, I know exactly why.

Nephew Dr. J and Br. B (Mr. B's brother) were up a couple of weekends ago to take care of some of Sr. B's stuff. I got to hang out with two fun guys all weekend.

Made me realize how much I miss guys. I always had guy friends when I was younger. I've always liked to hang out with guys. Being married to a sailor for decades had its upside in that regard.

It pretty much comes down to that: I miss guys.

Last time
I tried, I realized I was trying to fill the Mr. B-shaped void. This time, somehow, I know it's different. I know it's just for me. I have no need to frantically search for love or jump right into an LTR. I simply want to go out and meet guys that I like. Let things go as they may.

Girls, even old ones, sometimes just wanna have fun, you know?

What a difference from four years ago, when the thought of even leaving my couch was overwhelming.

It's been a revelation, stepping into this from a much more, well, normal place.

Uh oh... do you think I'm finally becoming an adult?!?