It seemed so simple. We would take the train down Friday evening, spend a nice weekend away, then take the train back Sunday afternoon*.
Oh, but no!
HUGE winter storm. Snow totals unseen in these parts for decades. Doom! Gloom! AaaaAAArrrGGGgghhh!!!
First clue came when we got a call from Amtrak Sunday morning telling us all service had been suspended. We couldn't even get a seat until Tuesday at the earliest.
We bit the bullet and paid $150 each** for a one-way flight, first thing Monday morning.
Uh, sorry. Canceled.
Rescheduled for Monday evening, and here we sit. Flight is already delayed 1.5 hours....
Anyone willing to place a bet?
* Note: We're not talking a long trip here. This is a 3-hour car ride under normal circumstances.
** Merry Christmas, Sweetie!